Cath-Tech International Ltd. Provision of specialist pipeline inspection services and equipment.
In 2008, Cathodic Protection Co Ltd acquired Cath-Tech International Ltd to add their significant capability in pipeline surveying, Cathodic Protection Monitoring and Maintenance to complement the existing Engineering Services Department. This has since been borne out by our success in securing major contracts, including:
• In January 2008 we were awarded Contract OM/033 Operation and Maintenance of Cathodic Protection facilities on the UK Government Pipeline and Storage Systems (GPSS) network for the Oil and Pipeline Agency (OPA).
• 1000km CIPS and DCVG survey in Libya in 2009, completed by two survey teams in 5 months, 1 month ahead of schedule.
• 1720km CIPS and DCVG survey in Libya in 2010, awarded in May 2010 with mobilisation in August 2010.
Cath-Tech International Ltd have invested considerably to ensure our staff remain up to date with current safety legislation and practices. All work is supervised by a NEBOSH qualified person and staff are fully equipped with all safety equipment to suit National Grid requirements for working in Live Gas Sites, i.e. Nomex Coveralls. Additionally, staff are trained to complete Risk Assessments and these are completed for all activities. Staff working on site have attained the following minimum qualifications:
• PER/II SCO 1&2 AE & CP to enter into AGI’S and install Current interrupters.
• EC ITB Client/Contractor National Safety Group Safety passport Training :
• TEM – 2/4 Training course for working on live Transformer rectifiers (DC Connections)
• SCO 91 Training
We now believe that with the combined strengths of CPCL and CTIL are able to offer a complete range of skills and services to meet specific needs, whether it is a routine CP inspection, a major CIPS or DCVG survey project or ongoing CP monitoring and maintenance.
+44 (0) 1476 512408